Teacher of the Deaf
Completed online application forms must be received by 3:00pm, 26/6/22
If you need any assistance, please email the School Business Manager: email@example.com
Interviews: 1st July 2022
Westgate Community Primary School is a popular school with ‘Good’ Ofsted rating (2022). We are seeking to appoint an inspirational leader and teacher to join our existing, hard-working team .
You will be:
- qualified as a Teacher of the Deaf or working towards this
- qualified with British Sign Language skills to level 1 or above
- able to engage, motivate and challenge pupils
- with high expectations of achievement and behaviour for all children
- with a good understanding of planning and assessment strategies, adapting the curriculum to meet the needs of individual children, with a particular focus on speech and language
- able to set clear, developmental learning targets
- ready to plan, implement and review individualised educational plans
- an excellent classroom practitioner with strong knowledge and skills
- a positive role model who inspires a love of learning in pupils and staff
- a reflective practitioner who is always looking to develop your leadership and teaching skills
- a professional who is dedicated to achieving the best for all children in a diverse community
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to work alongside a supportive, friendly and dedicated team of professionals
- opportunities for CPD, including leadership development
- an excellent working environment
- enthusiastic, motivated and friendly pupils
- children who are self-motivated, eager to try new experiences and proud of their school
- an enthusiastic, supportive staff team who have high expectations of themselves and the children
- a vibrant, diverse and friendly community
- opportunities for professional development
- dedicated leadership time
- support network within the Local Authority
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Please contact our School Business Manager, on 01284 755988 for an appointment to visit the school.
Completing your application
Candidates are asked to complete all the standard information required on the application form, including a supporting statement.
Please refer to all of the supporting documents including our Safeguarding Statement.